ॐ पूर्णमदः पूर्णमिदम् पूर्णात् पूर्णमुदच्यते |oṃ pūrṇamadaḥ pūrṇamidam pūrṇāt pūrṇamudacyateपूर्णस्य पूर्णमादाय पूर्णमेवावशिष्यते ||pūrṇasya pūrṇamādāya pūrṇamevāvaśiṣyateॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ||oṃ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ
Santosh Puri Ashram (Yoganga Retreat) is Humble center of Yoga near Ganga River, with very little Ego around, but plenty of Love, Natural Beauty and Purity to share. We offer guidance, lectures, yoga classes, etc, all based on a special concern and love for you and are sincerely concerned to try to help you in finding truth (sense) in life, and light and peace. The original intention of the Ashram was not to charge for its spiritual life ideas, rather we share whatever we have been given as gifts from God. However over the years it has become important to create a standard for suggested donations for participation in the courses mentioned on the schedule, in order for the maintenance and development of the Ashram, the gaushala (cowshed) and its charitable endeavors like offering free stay for orphans and saints, and ultimately for the benefit of our aspirants/visitors who come to spend quality time in preparation for higher teachings.
Donations & Contributions:
Charitable Yog, Donations for: cow seva, giving food and clothing, school and tuition fees, free medical help (medicines) for children, Sadhus and poor working people; donations for repairing or expanding ashram and hygienic facilities, library improvement, etc.. Teaching of poor (school) children in English, painting, music, handicraft, sports, etc..
Your donation is not a payment for something you have received, but a contribution for the expenses of the ashram to secure an inspiring, comfortable stay.
• Dakshina: a voluntary offering to the Guru, spiritual guide, preceptor, or teacher as a thanksgiving of respect.
• Dāna: charitable donation only ‘suggested” or requested’ donation for each course. (Please refer to course schedule sheet)
For what does your donation serve?
• Registration in foreign registration office.
• Security- two guards to serve on the gates
• 4 gardeners & the person who serves the cows to provide us with biological (organic) vegetables, flowers, and milk and its different products (ghee, butter etc.)
• Accommodations – rooms, internet facility, laundry etc.
• The cook, for serving vegetarian, hygienic and Ayurvedic meals
• Renovations and repairs
• Serving saints & poor, Bhandaras, and social service
Your contribution financially (donation), bodily (yoga), and mentally (holy scriptures and self-study) is a charitable support to make ashram retreat places possible as an alternative to worldly bondage, conflicts and discontentment. Contributing on all levels will enhance your spiritual experience here, By performing donation seva (selfless service) one receives blessings for charitable acts.
Another way to support us:
ascetics with cameras is hosting an mp3 store for us! each coming day the archive will be building. get the first track now! a rare recording of Mata Ji from 2011.